If your teeth have minor imperfections, a tooth-colored composite resin may be the ideal solution for you. This composite material is bonded directly to the surface of tooth.
Why Composite Tooth Bonding
Composite bonding provides a strong, attractive, and dependable solution to restore minor impurities in teeth. This technique is used to:
- Provide a safe alternative to amalgam (silver) fillings
- Repair small cracks in teeth
- Restore fractured or chipped teeth
- Fill small gaps between existing teeth
- Protects a tooth’s root if the gums recede
- Reshape teeth that appear worn down
- Improve the overall appearance of teeth
The Treatment Process
During a bonding procedure, Dr. Maleki begins by matching the precise shade of your existing tooth. The material is then applied directly to the surface of the tooth, relying on an adhesive liquid to hold the material in place. With the help of an curing light, the resin is bonded to the tooth.
Once the resin hardens, Dr. Maleki refines and polishes the composite until it matches the adjacent teeth. The entire procedure typically takes 30-60 minutes. With proactive care, composites should last several years.